Facebook Timeline

“I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Facebook Timeline”. Yea, I can remember saying that. Just like everyone else, it pisses me off when Facebook decides to launch new versions in short periods of time. Just as I get used to one, they switch the game up on me and create a new and “improved” Facebook.

Timeline made me eat my words. It is truly a remarkable social platform. It actually allows its users to document their entire lives by posting pictures, comments, and tagging all those involved.

It’s greatness is not limited to social communication. Businesses can find great use with it, too. A company can now tell its story in an interactive environment. Customers and fans can see what has happened via photo or video, like the event, or offer suggestions by commenting on the event.

PR Daily News Feed added an interesting article discussing how Timeline will eventually revolutionize brand pages. (In my personal opinion, brand pages will never be the same. They will be better.)

Like anything else posted to the internet, aesthetics are important. The timeline should use color and pictures appropriately tailored to your business. Also, never forget the importance of communication. Facebook is not like advertising: one-way message. It is interactive. If you create a brand page to boost your image, don’t tarnish it by ignoring your audience. Involve them! I can promise you one thing, a positive experience (documented on Timeline of course) will lead to a thousand more positive remarks…all because of word of mouth. Don’t under-estimate its power. Do your social networking right and gain loyal fans for a lifetime.

2 thoughts on “Facebook Timeline

1. Pingback: Parga

2. Pingback: Timmy time party supplies